So I have been in Spain for almost a month now, but more significantly I have endulged myself in a blog. I have a few issues with these things, which I think run the standard gamut of complaints: it is self-indulgent, why would anything I might think be of any interest to anyone but myself, I am supposed to hate Tom Cruise for some reason, etc etc.
The reason I am doing it is somewhat theraputic. I have learned that I have a not so valuable skill of turning the most mundane of daily events into epic phenomona. If I don´t write something to get these things out of my head then they just pile up on the list of things I would say if I were ever to go up onstage for open mic night. None of this will be terribly interesting, unless you appreciate overly elaborate sentence structure. I find that when I meet someone who is a native English speaker, I really lay it on thickly with the clauses, adjectives strewn about haphazardly, and changes in person into fictional characters complete with their own voices. Perhaps I say to much already, on post one, day one...
Soon to come the saga of the freezer bags, why everything is pork, and why the Spanish ruled the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment